5S training leads to a cleaner, safer and more orderly work environment where the layout facilitates effective working methods
5S is a set of techniques providing a standard approach to housekeeping within Lean Manufacturing.
It is often promoted as being far more than simply housekeeping and some of the elements described below
certainly have broader implications.
A cornerstone of 5S is that untidy, cluttered work areas are not productive.
Anybody who needs a more productive working environment.
The Programme Topic Areas are:
• Introduction to 5S
• Benefits of 5S
• 1S: Simplify – red tagging, removing unnecessary items
• 2S: Straighten – determining equipment requirements, equipment layout, storage methods, visual
• 3S: Scrub – general cleaning, cleaning as part of equipment inspection and preventative maintenance
• 4S: Stabilise – activity planning and resourcing, developing procedures, training
• 5S: Sustain – auditing, maintaining and improving standards through a kaizen approach, implementation
• Summary & action plans agreed