This course will help you understand and handle difficult people by getting the best possible result out of any involvement with them
Difficult people exist in all areas of our lives. They cause problems for anyone who comes into contact with them. All communication consists of reaction and counter-reaction.
Changing your reactions, both inwardly and on the surface, will make these difficult people counter-react differently and diffuse the situation (even if only temporarily).
This course will provide a variety of practical ways to deal with different situations and styles of behaviour.
Managers and team leaders who have to deal effectively with interpersonal problems in the workplace.
The Programme Topic Areas are:
• Understanding yourself and others
• Styles of behaviour
• Saying “No”
• A framework for identifying and dealing with your emotional responses
• Dealing unemotionally with extreme bosses using the 4Ds
• Applying the 4 key principles of business parenting and the 10 “shoulds” that prevent managers from interacting effectively with their staff
• A behaviour approach to dealing with problem people
• Summary & action plans agreed