Business is about creating ‘win/win’ situations most of the time. If your boss is onside, then life does get easier!!
Business is built on relationships and partnerships which are constructive, straightforward, trusting and mutually beneficial. How we communicate with senior people is critical to success and builds on the foundations of the 5 Rs of Respect, Relationship, Rapport, Responsibility and Recognition.
Professionals who find life hard when dealing with Managers and who need to develop the core skills of being able to manage upwards in the correct way.
The Programme Topic Areas are:
• Introduction – intentions, defining a manager, what you want, what your manager wants, benefits of working effectively together, testing ways of working
• The right relationship – the never ending circle, job descriptions, solid working structure
• A positive profile – perception is reality, key objectives, who to impress
• Creating impact – the right targets, what and how, delivering, doing your homework, a good idea
• Communicating with senior people – the basics, meetings, listening, listening checklist, make them listen to you, be assertive
• Getting your boss to agree – persistence, understanding decision-making, persuasion, specific requests
• Dealing with difficulties
• Summary and action plans agreed