Effective performance management saves the business both time and money, protects customer relationships, aids staff retention and promotes team harmony
This course will provide managers with the skills and techniques to manage and motivate people to achieve their best performance. Working on real scenarios and exercises, delegates will give and receive feedback in a variety of situations, including handling difficult or de-motivated people and learning to celebrate success.
Managers and professionals involved in measuring the performance of the business, including those in a planning and monitoring role.
The Programme Topic Areas are:
• What is Performance Management? – a definition, how the approach has changed
• Leading for Performance – a popular leadership model, a questionnaire to analyse your competencies, how to create the right work climate and how to manage your leadership performance
• Performance management skills – delegating, coaching, dealing with poor performance, motivating and empowering
• Performance management process – performance reviews, objective setting for results and measuring performance
• Creating high performing teams – the importance of teamwork, why it can fail, stages of team development, a questionnaire to analyse your team’s performance, working with teams
• Bringing it all together – checklist
• Summary & action plans agreed