Emotional Intelligence (EI) has been proven to have a positive impact on workplace results, values and relationships. This workshop will introduce you to the concepts of EI and, through practical exercises, provide you with the insight into its benefits in any work environment
Emotional Intelligence or EI is said to be a greater predictor of success in life and at work than intellect. This workshop, through a series of practical activities, will give leaders information about how emotions impact positively or negatively in the workplace. It also explores how the leader’s emotions impact on their work team and provides guidelines for addressing their emotions in the workplace.
Leaders at any level who would like to learn about harnessing the energy of emotions in order to better manage themselves and encourage the best performance from others.
The Programme Topic Areas are:
• What is emotional intelligence and the connection between behaviour, feelings, and performance
• How emotions are an integral part of everyone’s work experience and are significantly influenced by the leader
• How emotions impact on productivity and quality
• Explore how and why a leader should find reasons to express gratitude in order to influence and develop co-operation in the workplace
• How a leader identifies their emotions in the workplace and the impact this has on their team
• Develop guidelines for expressing emotions that contribute to the overall productivity and quality of the team
• Introduce the process of the leader as self-coach in the development of their own EI
• Summary & action plans agreed