In our increasingly diverse society, employers and employees have both moral and legal duties to ensure workplaces are positive environments for all colleagues to work.
Equality in the workplace is designed to introduce people to the key principles of the Equality Act 2010 and employer and employee responsibilities in complying with this legislation.
This workshop explores the difference between equality and diversity, the various types of discrimination defined in legislation, and the compliance responsibilities of both employers and employees.
Download the course brochure
This course is designed for people who have no previous knowledge of the Act or who are unfamiliar with its legal requirements.
The Programme Topic Areas are:
• Understand the difference between equality and diversity
• Understand the impact of equality legislation
• Understand the different forms of discrimination
• Understand employer and employee responsibilities
• Understand the potential equality issues in the workplace