Protect yourself and your organisation with an understanding of the practical implications of employment legislation.
A lack of awareness of the fundamentals of employment law can be a major risk to any organisation. This course provides a solid and up to date grounding in employment law using interactive questioning and scenarios to ensure you take back practical knowledge to your workplace.
For a more comprehensive review of statute and case law, we recommend our two-day course – Advanced Employment Law.
This course is ideal for line managers and newly appointed personnel or human resources specialists. It is also suitable for anyone recruiting and managing staff who is looking to avoid legal pitfalls.
The Programme Topic Areas are:
• The contract of employment and its terms
• Data protection at work
• Race discrimination
• Sex discrimination
• Disability discrimination
• Pregnancy and maternity protection
• Paid annual leave
• Statutory sick pay
• Discipline, grievance and appeals
• Termination of the contract
• Fair and unfair dismissal
• Summary & action plans agreed