Take your negotiation skills to the next level.
This one day advanced course explores and develops best practice for complex contractual negotiation to further your relationships with new and existing partners.
Designed for experienced managers who want to take negotiation skills to the next level and examine their personal negotiation styles and approach to negotiation of high value contracts or complex negotiation with multi parties.
Before the event, participants will spend time researching and preparing the following:
• Complete a personal audit of strengths and personal development areas
• Review and summarise views on a current key client’s approach to negotiation
• Discuss and agree with their line manager outcomes expected from the workshop and any personal development objectives.
The Programme Topic Areas are:
• Principles and Best Practice of Negotiation – agreeing key stages and content; positional bargaining; principled negotiation
• Negotiation is - defining negotiation; negotiation in your organisation
• Personal Negotiation Styles - personal styles; effective communication and signals; hidden meanings
• Customer-Centric Negotiation - starting with the client; knows and don’t knows; research and preparation
• Influencing Others - using stakeholder management; dealing with difficult situations; how people think
• Dealing with Contractual Change - reasons and barriers; managing client relationships positively
• Summary & action plans agreed