This course will enhance your current skills and abilities when it comes to managing the L&D function within your organisation and will allow you to ensure that all of your development programmes are aligned to business need.
This 2 day course explores the Learning and Development cycle in detail and enhances your existing knowledge. It will give you the tools to successfully lead a team that really delivers on organisational requirements.
Training/L&D Managers responsible for delivering best practice approaches to learning which meet business objectives and generate organisational success.
• The Learning & Development Cycle in depth
• Analysing needs and defining outcomes
• Develop and plan solutions
• Design and deliver solutions
• Review outcomes and evaluate success
The Programme Topic Areas are:
• Managing the L&D function
• The role of the L&D function within the wider organisational context and its contribution to business objectives
• Marketing the L&D function to raise internal profile and ensure attendance and 'buy in' to initiatives
• Managing the different roles within the L&D function key responsibilities
• Analysing learning needs at all organisational levels
• Working with key stakeholders to develop a training and learning plan
• Managing a learning budget and analysing value for money options
• Selecting appropriate formal and informal learning opportunities to meet business needs
• Measuring the return on investment of learning initiatives
• Managing contracting relationships internally and externally
• Working with third party suppliers
• Political, diversity and ethical issues in the learning environment
• Summary & action plans agreed