Planning and Budgeting
This course will show you how to develop spreadsheet models to produce a forecast, which can then be used to produce a business plan and operating budgets, dramatically reducing the time required to produce this information.
The course will concentrate on What-if analysis to find the key factors for management to monitor. Goal seeking, sensitivity analysis and risk models are advanced techniques which are also covered.
The course uses large screen demonstrations and spreadsheets are demonstrated in Microsoft Excel.
Project Management Training
For Managers, section heads and senior personnel responsible for departmental forecasts, plans and budgets; Accountants and Business Advisors who need to advise or comment on business forecast, plans or budgets and Financial Advisors.
The Programme Topic Areas are:
• Overview of the accounting function
• Planning as part of the management accounting function within your business
• Forecasting and overview of quantitative methods
• Basic financial awareness overview – the use of basic financial statements within the business, covering profit and loss, balance sheets, cash flow, funds flow and capital investment appraisal
• Business planning models
• What if analysis
• Risk analysis
• Budgeting techniques – producing budgets, actuals, calculating variances, year to date figures, consolidating reports, lookup multiple sheets multiple files
• Variance analysis
• Summary & action plans agreed