This two day experiential programme will give you the core skills needed to be able to coach and mentor your team on a day to day basis.
Developing the skills of the coach and mentor is a critical skills set for today leaders as we start to adopt a developmental style of leadership as the norm.
Managers and leaders who need to adopt the core skills needed to support work teams in forward thinking organisations.
The Programme Topic Areas are:
Day 1 – Coaching Skills
• Understand the role and practice the skills of an effective coach
• Build rapport and create a development environment
• Define preferred learning styles - understand how people learn
• Avoid barriers to learning
• Assess individual needs
• Give appropriate feedback without disempowering staff
• Handle resistance to constructive criticism
• Use effective probing and questioning
• Set effective action plans
Days – Mentoring Skills
• The mentoring development scale
• A comparison of coaching and mentoring roles
• The role of a mentor
• Phases in the mentoring life cycle
• The four stages in the mentoring process
• Benefits of mentoring
• The first meeting
• Establishing ground rules
• Completion of a personal action plan