Take your Health and Safety competence to the next level!
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety takes managers, wishing to progress their health and safety competence still further, to the next level.
It is a globally recognised health and safety qualification at Level 3. Many people take this course of study as a first step in a full time health and safety career.
A total of 80 taught hours are required along with another 49 hours of private study. The course is offered either as an intensive option over 2 weeks full time or as a one day a week option over an approximate 3 month period. Delegates are assessed at the end of the course via two written papers and a practical assignment.
Managers who have experience in health and safety training.
The Programme Topic Areas are:
After the course you will be able to:
• Have a good awareness of all types of workplace hazards and risks
• Implement a comprehensive health and safety management system
• Set practical health and safety objectives and be able to plan and implement means of achieving those objectives
• Carry out risk assessments and set control measures
• Carry out full safety inspections within the workplace
• Provide adequate information, instruction, training and supervision for all employees within the workplace
• Investigate all incidents involving injury or damage in order to determine the causes and to take appropriate remedial actions
• Communicate effectively on health and safety issues with superiors, employees, and health and safety professionals
• Understand the main legal requirements relating to employers and managers and to act to fulfil these